Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-19-2004, 08:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTFISHDUDE
I would go with CUPRAMINE if i were u.....i just had a clown wit ich and put him in a QT tank wit Cupramine and cured him up in about 3 days...80F temp....same salinity.

You wont be sorry....just monitor ur copper levels
I don't mean to sound offensive but even when the signs of ick(visible white spots) are gone it does not mean that the fish/tank is cured. It is VERY important to treat the fish and tank for the recommended period and not just until the visible signs of ick are gone.

Copper is pretty difficult to monitor, I would just make sure you add the recommended dosage and make sure when doing water changes to add the correct dosage to that as well.

Hope your have better luck getting rid of it this time. I had a real bad problem with ick a few months back but everything worked out fine, I'm sure you will get through this

Old 01-19-2004, 11:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

cajunbaby75,
No problem, I won't force you to take my advice. Your loss or should I say your fish's loss?
Terry B

Old 01-20-2004, 08:42 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to cajunbaby75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B
cajunbaby75,
No problem, I won't force you to take my advice. Your loss or should I say your fish's loss?
Terry B
in this reply shows that you are assuming that no one but yourself can save my fish ....well again i have more confidence in myself at this point thanks to others on this site...they have shown me that i can indeed make this work!!!! you on the other hand have shown me that there is at least one person trying to boost his/her ego by how much they know over someone else and by the ill manner in which you answer posts <not only mine> had in the past kept me from coming for a while...but im not gonna let YOU interfere with the chance to gain more knowledge on the one of the things that i consider enjoyable......that is my marine tank, i have read and purchased books on fish disease as well as web sites, an will continue to come here for sick or health of my fish everyone else here is very helpful and the website i have recommended to atleast 6 people which i know for sure one has joined and visits so again you may say whatever you choose but my fish will survive WITHOUT your help!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:49 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to cajunbaby75
jamal

sorry i was fuming on last reply i agree and im going to try to continue hyposalinty the spots dropped off as of this am and going to keep SG at 1.009 temp at 80 thank you for your support and the vote of confidence also feeding VHP formula one along with angel's diet food to help boost immune systems soaking with garlic and selcon <marine lipids> please continue to keep fingers crossed i will let you know how things go!!
Old 01-20-2004, 09:32 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

If you still need help or advice, start another thread, this one is

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Closed Thread

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com