Hole in the Head Diease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It keeps falling out of the clip and sometimes sits floating on the top of the water and the other one just went ever where and made a mess in the water when it hit the water flow from my Pequin 350. I don't have a sump on the 55gal. only the eheim 2217 & the pequin 350.

the store bought nori doesn't seem to fall apart like the LFS stuff does. at least that's been my experience with it.
meanwhile, i really think it's important to put it in the clip so he can pick at it all day. if you put it just in the food, he'll only get some when you feed.
did you try doubling it or tripling it up so it has more strength?

I got some from seaweed from HEB. I tore some fairly large pieces this morning in there and it was floating around.
I am not to sure about it holding up in the clip it is very dry and brittle like...

ok....but it totally takes all the amusing chit-chat out of it!

"you can use basically anything you want. i used squid tubes, scallops, shrimp, fresh clam( not canned..there's salt and stuff in the canned), and haddock. i also mixed in cyclo-peeze and some formula A, which was thawed and squeezed to get rid of the stinky, nasty water they freeze that stuff in."

.....i just chopped all that up in a food processor and put it in gallon ziplocks and used a rolling pin to flatten it out, then froze it.

What is the Formula A? I only know of Formula One and Two...

OK, for nori you need to fold it like a paper football (making a triangle out of it). I use a half sheet of nori. I then fold that in half, making it close to square. Then fold two opposite corners together making a triangle. I then fold it again, making a smaller triangle. It lasts for hours in the clip (two little fishes clips) and is pecked on by my Sailfin tang, Blue tang, Yellow tank, two bi-color blennies and my coral beauty angel. Sometimes the female clown will also take a nibble.

You can search this site for "home made food" or "blender mush" to find homemade food recipes. I made it at home for a few years, but now just buy Rod's Food (I'm lazy).

Don't forget you can also get "Ogo" seaweed from the Asian market too!
img_1180937_0_6e8a36ff3b56541e2430791b9a77078c.jpg

Last edited:
thincat is the "Ogo" Seaweed only available at the Asian Markets?
Aslo is there any particular brand name to look for?

mary

It should be, Just ask the person in that section. It will be so much cheaper to buy it that way. It's a "gracilarus" sp seaweed also known as "Tang Heaven".
What I do is take some for the Tangs and eat the rest myself. As you can see it's $5.99 a pound and the total for the picture was $2.76.

Last edited:
What is the Formula A? I only know of Formula One and Two...
it's all the same...it's just frozen fish lips, eyes, and fins...LOL.
that recipe is just a starting point. you don't need to follow it to the letter. it's just to give you ideas.
i like to use as much food grade ingredients as possible btw. i'm not a fan of putting anything that stinks in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom