Holy resilient ricordia Batman!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaybird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, I was looking for a blue hairy mushroom that one of my urchins must have gone walk-about with and what did I find while moving pieces of live rock? A metallic orange ricordia that I thought had disappeared about two months ago. It's almost completely white and you can barely see any orange in it at all right now.

I've put it on the bottom of the tank to prevent it from being damaged by the lights (it was pretty much in the dark for a while). I'll feed the corals some Fauna Marin LPS food tonight and see if it will take a piece.

About how long do you think it will take this guy to recover?

I still can't find the blue hairy mushroom.

As long as your water parameters are OK you should be OK on the ricordea. Those things are hard to kill.

I'm pretty sure it's a florida. I have both florida and yuma in the tank. There is a slight metallic sheen on it and I can see a little bit of orange in it. I gave it a little of the FM LPS food last night. It didn't seem to take it well (the others fold up in half to get this stuff). I crumbled up the already small pellet and pushed it right over the mouth. I'm hoping that he comes back as I only have two others like that in the tank still.

Hope he makes it alright. I bought a frag with two tiny orange and blue ricordea shrooms on it and it broke in half putting it in my tank. Shoved em in a hole and lost one. The other is finally growing enough to pop out of the whole to see it. Looks pretty. Still haven't found the missing one. Probably attached itself somewhere I can't see it. I hope

Back
Top Bottom