Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Holy resilient ricordia Batman!

OK, I was looking for a blue hairy mushroom that one of my urchins must have gone walk-about with and what did I find while moving pieces of live rock? A metallic orange ricordia that I thought had disappeared about two months ago. It's almost completely white and you can barely see any orange in it at all right now.

I've put it on the bottom of the tank to prevent it from being damaged by the lights (it was pretty much in the dark for a while). I'll feed the corals some Fauna Marin LPS food tonight and see if it will take a piece.

About how long do you think it will take this guy to recover?

I still can't find the blue hairy mushroom.

Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
As long as your water parameters are OK you should be OK on the ricordea. Those things are hard to kill.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
a couple months i think. is it a florida?
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm pretty sure it's a florida. I have both florida and yuma in the tank. There is a slight metallic sheen on it and I can see a little bit of orange in it. I gave it a little of the FM LPS food last night. It didn't seem to take it well (the others fold up in half to get this stuff). I crumbled up the already small pellet and pushed it right over the mouth. I'm hoping that he comes back as I only have two others like that in the tank still.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
Hope he makes it alright. I bought a frag with two tiny orange and blue ricordea shrooms on it and it broke in half putting it in my tank. Shoved em in a hole and lost one. The other is finally growing enough to pop out of the whole to see it. Looks pretty. Still haven't found the missing one. Probably attached itself somewhere I can't see it. I hope
Sharkbait_Ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com