Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

If they share the same water ie: all tanks are on one sump or from the same tank it wont hurt. Just supply them some cover. You do know it's not a good idea to add to many fish at one time. Dont mean to preach It's just that i see some importers will harvest 100 to get 1 that lives

Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah. They are small fish though, very little bioload. Plus, my quarantine tank will have cycled media from my DT, so no (or a little) cycle to worry about.

I think this is about as patient as I will get. It's so HARD! I just don't want to wait a month to quarantine a gramma after quarantining a pair of clowns for a month. All I have is 3 green chromis in my tank and i need more.

I think I will be good with the gramma and two baby clowns in quarantine. The tank has a 190gph powerhead, with an air stone and hob filter.. so plenty of surface agitation.

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I would agree that the three could be qt'd together. I plan on buying 4 blue reef chromis and all four will be going into one qt. I may even buy another fish when I get the chromis, not sure yet. I'm treading slowly and lightly now. lol
Just remember, that if I save even one fish during all my years of future reef and fishkeeping, it is thanks to you.

Seriously.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

FYI, I didn't say they couldn't be, cause I'm not experienced. I'm just saying what I would do. If I bought 4 chromis at the same time, yep they would get qt together. Awe nevermind. I can't explain. Besides as I said I'm not experienced in any of this.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey Buffy, no worries I appreciate any and all input! I'm only a bit further along than you, not much at all. So i'm not experienced either. We are learning though, right!?

As far as bleach goes, I'm sure I won't be using it again. I'm far too paranoid. I rinsed rinsed rinsed. Then filled it up again and overdosed prime (for the second time). Tomorrow I will empty, rinse, dry, and pack away to let air dry and wait for usage.

Might paint the outside of the bottom glass black if I can find my krylon spray paint.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post
Hey Buffy, no worries I appreciate any and all input! I'm only a bit further along than you, not much at all. So i'm not experienced either. We are learning though, right!?

As far as bleach goes, I'm sure I won't be using it again. I'm far too paranoid. I rinsed rinsed rinsed. Then filled it up again and overdosed prime (for the second time). Tomorrow I will empty, rinse, dry, and pack away to let air dry and wait for usage.

Might paint the outside of the bottom glass black if I can find my krylon spray paint.
Water smell like bleach?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nope not at all. I'm just doing overkill. Better safe in my mind than to worry.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

How many can I qt at a time in a 30gal
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

It depends on there size I would'nt try to qt two 15in fish But i have done 8 green chromis at one time i put a 4in PVC elbow in each corner so they can spread out and hide I do try to limit it to 2 fish per 30g tub now
Scott keep an eye on the gramma as it may bully the clowns while in qt I have one that think she owns a 90g evil little monster lol
Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
It depends on there size I would'nt try to qt two 15in fish But i have done 8 green chromis at one time i put a 4in PVC elbow in each corner so they can spread out and hide I do try to limit it to 2 fish per 30g tub now
Scott keep an eye on the gramma as it may bully the clowns while in qt I have one that think she owns a 90g evil little monster lol

Name her Buffy, LOL. I trashed all my hitchhikers so I'm evil LOL.

Tags
hospital tank, quarantine, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com