Thanks to carey's recent adventures (sorry Carey!
) I've decided to quarantine everything I bring in.
I have a 10g with HOB
filter and small heater that keeps temp at 78F that I bought for the sole purpose of a hospital tank.
1) What to keep as substrate while the fish are in there? Will PVC
pipes do? Just to give them something to hide in.
2) Should I run an airstone? This could keep the surface of the water agitated to promote gas exchange.
3) How long to keep the new fish or corals in there? 1 week? 2?
4) Could I just run copper and/or quick cure on new fish just *in case* during their time in quarantine. Any ill effects?
5) What should I look for during quarantine?
6) What if I get a fish that is rated for NO LESS THAN 55 gallons. Will it be fine during it's time in my 10g?
7) How to clean it after/before uses?
Thanks a lot. A lot of questions I know.