Hot tank!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
W tank is at 89 degrees!! It was a hot day in SoCal..and i didnt notice it until tonight when i added a marine betta! It couldnt have been this all day, ive been working in the tank!

We have bags of ice floating inside the tank.,any thing else we can do? Will this be a big problem for our fiah and corals?

qb6fire said:
My tank got a lil warm till my AC kicked in

How warm? Will mine be okay?? Really really annoys me that this happened right when i added a sensative fish...

Mine went to 85 ac kicked in so i opened the top of my bio cube and it cooled down quick

Good to hear do you have a port to open for when you feed? If so id say open it and out a small fan from target or something to blow on the surface

qb6fire said:
Good to hear do you have a port to open for when you feed? If so id say open it and out a small fan from target or something to blow on the surface

Well the whole lid opens, so we did that, and turned on the light fans. They will be going all night too

Good to hear. I've heard of a heater break in a warehouse that had fish it had a couple hundred Angels and dropped to around 40 degrees and try we're all fine. Hope everyone's alright!

crister13 said:
Good to hear. I've heard of a heater break in a warehouse that had fish it had a couple hundred Angels and dropped to around 40 degrees and try we're all fine. Hope everyone's alright!

Really? Wow! Im not too worried about the fish..but the coral. The frog and one of the hammers looked deflated..and the mouth is really exposed on both now.

Fish are all fine! Betta is doing well!!

Hope all recovers and is ok. My tank went up to 85 this weekend also. I have a fan going across the sump and the temp was 78 this morning.

spoonman said:
Hope all recovers and is ok. My tank went up to 85 this weekend also. I have a fan going across the sump and the temp was 78 this morning.

Oooh ok, were your corals fine? Our lps is pretty pissed off....

Ah so it went up quite a bit. I have a tropical fw which is always at 85-86 degrees, so my only problem is if it gets too cold.
Good luck with your corals and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom