How could this happen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new fish could have gone the same was as the clown ;) Just something to check into, at any rate, I hope your fish can hold on, and we won't even talk about you quitting, it's not an option, I'll accept hiatus, but not quitting ;)

Your right, its not an option. I was just depressed. :| They would probably die at the lfs and I won't let that happen. I pulled them through once , I can do it again. I just need to get out of here and get to it. It is the worst possible time for this, I'm pulling double shifts at my store catching up.
Since this is ich and not velvet, I was thinking of using hypo (if there is time). I have cupramine standing by, just hate to expose them to it again. Who sells a good refractometer? I purchase one before and returned it, it was worthless.

I will have a talk with the babysitter, its good food for thought. I would hope he wouldn't do that, but you never know.

Premiumaquatics sells the same unit I have, and it's a nice refractometer, they sell it at a good price to, it's an RHS-10ATC.

one way to help understand ich better is to use the analogy of mange mites on dogs. All dogs carry the mange mite. Whether or not they "break" with mange depends on stress levels, hereditary factors and environmental conditions. (kinda sounds familiar huh?) It could very well be that some things were done just a little differently while you were on vacation and the fish stressed out and "broke" with ich. Not necessarily that anything new was added to the tank, even the sand. Just before, conditions and fish were content and happy and no ich was seen.

I'm not sure if that would apply to a parasite in a contained environment like an aquarium. Once it cannot complete it's life cycle it should die out. I don't believe this particular organism can remain in a dormant state indefinitely.

I'm not sure if that would apply to a parasite in a contained environment like an aquarium. Once it cannot complete it's life cycle it should die out. I don't believe this particular organism can remain in a dormant state indefinitely.

Agreed! :wink:

revhtree said:

Agreed! :wink:
second this. Thats why I'm going to leave the main fallow for 10 weeks this time.
I still think is was the sand, but if there is a particularly tough parasitic strain, this should hopefully do it.
If not, thats it for me, I like being married. :wink:

Good to know your sticken it out Qshark! AA and this hobby is blessed to have you as a hobbiest. I know you helped me through my ich crisis. 10 weeks, wow! If 10 weeks wont clear it up, I'm quiting this hobby too! :wink:

Thanks guys, and rev we need to get you scuba certified. :wink: You would love this stuff in the natural environment. If you get certified, I want to treat you to a dive in Cozumel.
Kevin, i ordered the refractometer, I at least need to treat my Scooter Dragonettes is a separate system with hypo, don't think they can take the copper.
Thanks all for you support!!! :wink:

and rev we need to get you scuba certified. You would love this stuff in the natural environment.

Most Def! I cant wait to visit a whole new world!! I am calling the local dive center today, to get things rolling...hehe..I am so excited. :wink:

PS. Qshark, a diving we shall go!

Ok, the 40 gallon is set up, salt mixed, ready to go. Tomorrow when I get home from work, its moving time again. Man, that is a chore. I get to move most of the rock out to garbage cans, drain out some of the water and play tag with my fish. Last time it took 3 hours to catch them all.
Anyone what to help?
The good new is that all the fish look good. In fact I think the parasite has cycled off of them for the most part, good time to do it. :wink:

Also gonna use this time to add 40 more lbs of rock from Liverocks.com. Can't wait to see the legendary rock.

RocketSeason said:
I told a girl I wanted to strap a tank on with her and she screamed and then slapped me.

women.

Now we know where you got the user name!! :lol: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom