How do I feed this guy? Will my Clown love him?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry but IMO no degree compares to others first hand experience. Oh im sorry I guess the "... what do you say now, Six-Line? " wasn't rude.... My apologies.

Just for the record, there is a distict difference between bleached and lose of zooxanthellae. In this case the anemone has lost some color but IME, is not bleached. In fact, had the tank in question been more mature, stable and ready for such an animal the chances for survival would have been quite good.

While the challenges in keeping an anemone are many and there are an experienced few who can keep them properly, I do not think this thread needs to degrade any further than it has. Shared opinions and experiences are only helpful if they are conveyed in a respectful fashion. Please keep that in mind with any further responses. The next aggressive post will result in the thread being locked.

Cheers
Steve

What is your definition of bleached? I am refering to bleached as loss of zooxanthellae, which is what gives it its color.

""Loss of"" and "lost" IMO are not the same thing and one is much easier to deal with than the other (if you can use the word easy). The anemone pic posted indicates the "loss of" zoothanthellae which makes bringing it back to health in the right environment less challenging.

Had the anemone appeared white (bleached), it would be much more difficult although not impossible to aid in recovery.

Cheers
Steve

Well thanks for everyones imput !
I think I am going to try to keep him. My tanks I feel as silly as it sounds very mature for it's age. It cycled in 3 days...
I had 1 fish loss due to a powerhead. All my levels are perfect. I will keep a eye on them and also care and feed the Sebae as best I can. I think I can keep him alove. And if not, lesson learned and I will not get one for a year. If a tank is stable and all, I don't see why I need to wait. But thats just me... Thanks you very much to all !
I will post pics now and then on how it is doing !
I just hope nature calls and the clown finds his new home ! If not o welll. Maybe I'll try a non tank raised clown then in a few months !

Thanks again guys... Please let this thread die, I don't like to see peeps argue...

Maybe it's not such a bad idea to keep it anyway. If you take it back to the LFS, they may end up selling it to someone else who may not be so passionate about keeping him alive as you are XXFirefighter. You would just be putting him in more stress taking him back and maybe that "little girl" from Finding Nemo (you know the dentists' niece) may get him. I think I would rather see the Fireman have him.

Good luck sir, and please keep us posted.

As for the thread, I found it very interesting. I have learned more from this thread about anenomes than ever before. Good healthy debate is what make forums like these work. We just have to keep it civilized. Lots of valid points were raised and I had to keep checking back to see how they were answered. I am the wiser for it. Thanks guys.

Mike

My tanks I feel as silly as it sounds very mature for it's age. It cycled in 3 days...
I had 1 fish loss due to a powerhead. All my levels are perfect. I will keep a eye on them and also care and feed the Sebae as best I can. I think I can keep him alove. And if not, lesson learned and I will not get one for a year. If a tank is stable and all, I don't see why I need to wait.

The reason is that the nitrogen cycle and a tank being "mature" are two different things. There are tons of biological processes occuring and establishing themselves that take time to stabilize. Keep in mind that there is much more going on in a new saltwater tank than we can see or test with a master kit. There simply is no such thing a tank magically being mature unless using all aged materials from another system...and there would still be some time required for stabilization.

Back
Top Bottom