Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
How do I feed this guy? Will my Clown love him?

Got him pretty cheap, LFS said my new tank raised perc should go to him... Was he tellin me the truth? How or what do I feed? Will my mush be enough or do I need to direct feed ? Do I have to defrost my mush to feed it to him? LFS said he was a Sebae...
He's happy right where I put him, has not moved 1 cm. AND the clown is ignoring it I know I can't force the happines and the living arrangements, I want them to love each other though
Thanks guys !

Old 05-09-2004, 12:59 AM   #2

That aneomones in bad condition. Hes really bleached, give him some meaty foods, and I think your light is to low for him. Its better to check this out before you buy. If you don't want to return him place him as high up as possible, but it may be ebst not to touch him for now. Just direct feed, and hope for the best. He should be a brownish/dark green color with no colored tips.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:34 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
How old is your tank? You know not to be mean but here is what i think about anenomes. When people get an anenome and then post of what and how to feed it, then you havnt done enough research to keep one. Also if your tank is not at least 7 or 8 months old i would never even consider getting one. JMHO. But you can feed him silversides, shrimp and oyster.

Or other meaty foods.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:13 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
I JUST got him... He looked the exact same in the LFS...
As for the lighting, I got 260 watts and he's up in the middle 3rd of the tank. Tank is over a month old. I will feed him some of my much that I make. The pic makes him look real white, he's a nice yellow color. He's been in the tank for 4 hours or so and already connected to the rock.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:18 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to mrrrkva
Try feeding him a piece of shrimp .Make sure he is uncooked and shelled. Mine are growing like mad, and they love them .

http://community.webshots.com/user/catfish6661
mrrrkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:21 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrkva
Try feeding him a piece of shrimp .Make sure he is uncooked and shelled. Mine are growing like mad, and they love them .
Thanks !
I'll try that in the AM !
Old 05-09-2004, 02:43 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
Personally i would take him back to the lfs. Also if he is yello this means he is most likely dyed. Which is really not good for the anenome. At least that is what i have read. But since your tank is only one month old i would return him. Also i know it is hard not to buy the stuff you want right when you tank gets done cycleing but you really need to wait. You have lots of time. Take your time. That is just my opinion.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:51 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I will stay away from the "your tank is too young..." debate. As for your clown, it is a crap shoot if they will pair up. What type of anenome did the LFS tell you it was? If your clown is tank-raised, chances are it has never seen and anenome before and might be unsure what he is suppose to do with it. Maybe his instincts will kick in, who knows. If you end up keeping this animal good luck and let us know how it does. Lando
Old 05-09-2004, 11:29 AM   #9

It is not dyed, its just bleached which mean hes lost his zooxanthellae inside his body. This is his primary food source, and they loose it due to insufficient light. Your light is not strong enough for a sebae plain and simple. Yet if you insist on keeping him feed him whole foods not mush. IMHO he won't last to long. Heres what they should look like http://www.usinternet.com/users/dsapp/sebae2.JPG

That is what they look like when there healthy. As you can see yours is severely bleached. You might as well get your money back, ecspecially if he dies in such a young tank, you could have a huge spike and loose everything.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:51 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-Line
It is not dyed, its just bleached which mean hes lost his zooxanthellae inside his body. This is his primary food source, and they loose it due to insufficient light. Your light is not strong enough for a sebae plain and simple. Yet if you insist on keeping him feed him whole foods not mush. IMHO he won't last to long. Heres what they should look like http://www.usinternet.com/users/dsapp/sebae2.JPG

That is what they look like when there healthy. As you can see yours is severely bleached. You might as well get your money back, ecspecially if he dies in such a young tank, you could have a huge spike and loose everything.
THAT is what he's supposed to look like? He looked NOTHING like that in the store ! NOTHING ! It looks like he's got more color this morning on him then he did when I first got him ! He's pretty colse to the top of the tank. He's got 260 watts of light on him now... He's like 8 inches from the surface IF that. SUPER bright light on him....

I'll watch him for awhile and see what happens. I really can't belive what I got and what that pic is, was the same thing... You know more then me but can it be a different guy?

Tags
clown, feed

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com