how do i get rid of bristle/fireworms for good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NJDevilsWinCup

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was wondering what is the best way to get rid of bristle/fireworms so i dont have to worry about them anymore.i've heard about natural predators like arrow crabs and using traps can someone help me out?

Bristle worms are in my opinion more beneficial than harmful. They are detrivores the contantly stir your sandbed. Fireworms, on the other hand are a PITA. Other than traps and natural predators there in no sure fire way. Other than building a sterile environment with dry sand and base rock seeding with only the critters and life you want.

R-

Coral banded shrimp like them, also some pseudochromis like the purple friedmani, etc. I agree with the above posts, I'd actually like to add some to my tank, as of now I have none.

I agree. The idea that bristleworms are bad for your tank is either old school thinking or a saltwater old wives tale, imo. It always makes me happy to see a bristleworm poking its head out of the rocks... :D

I belive they get a bad wrap sometimes for eating critters that are sick or dead already and people think the bristle worm killed it. I agree they are very beneficial, just don't touch them with your bare hands 8O

Back
Top Bottom