How do you make your soft corals thrive when they start to shrink down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bodie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Forgive me for not being able to articulate my question better. I've have a Kenya Tree Coral for about 4 years now and for the first 3 years it was thriving, growing, and doing well in my tank. But the last year it has shrunk down to about 1/3 of it's size and it never seems to extend and stretch out.

I tried moving it higher so that it received more light, but it has been 4 months and no change. I should also note that none of the other corals, fish, etc are having any problems in the tank so I don't think it's a problem with the water or tank. Does anyone know how to bring this coral back to it's old self???

Not without a water quality report, inhabitant report (corals and fish), and whether or not you dose anything (ca, alk, iodine, etc.).

I usually perform either 10% weekly water changes or 20% if I let it go 2 weeks without a change. But as I mentioned, I've had several soft and hard corals that have been in the tank just as long if not longer the Kenya Tree Coral and everything else is thriving and growing.

But as I mentioned, I've had several soft and hard corals that have been in the tank just as long if not longer the Kenya Tree Coral and everything else is thriving and growing.

That really does not mean anything. It just means that some of your corals are heartier than others. You could have water quality issues that some corals would suffer from while other would show no signs of stress at the moment because they are more hardy.

I agree we need to know what your water parameters are before we can begin to help you.

Test your water and get back to us with the results.

Back
Top Bottom