Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #11
Originally Posted by runway1
Except for my fish problem, I hope.
My appologies for that.

As I said, your best course of action is to fallow the tank. Be sure you get a QT going for your next addition and use the time to make sure all the water parameters of the main tank are maintained and ready for your next addition.

Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry to hear about you losses. I'm new to this forum and to the saltwater tank hobby but I had also had a similar problem with fish continually dying. I had my LFS check the water levels and everything checked out. Except they were not checking the water hardness. My dKH was low causing continuous death to newly acclimated fish (most would last a week or 2). Since adding a dKH buffer I've had no mysterious deaths. Of course now I'm dealing with an ich/parasite problem

Hope all works out for you!

90-gallon marine tank with a couple clowns and sailfin tang. Several invertes including 12 emerald green crabs, 20 hermit crabs, 3 peppermint shrimp, 6 turbo snails, and a BTA. Protein skimmer with 100-pounds live rock, Total 495 watts lighting w/2-MH, power compacts and lunars. Ammonia & Nitrite = 0, Nitrate = 10, specific gravity: 1.025. Using Sea-Lab 28 and Kalkwaisser to maintain calcium at 400 ppm.
cusemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'll check that. Thanks, cusemarine.

55 gallon
dual 175 MH w/ dual 32W PC Actinics
75# LR
runway1 is offline   Reply With Quote

ich, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com