how long for xenia to recover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EJS4

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a new frag which had xenia on it. Drip acclimated last night looked good. this morning head was tightly clumped and losing arms checked parameters pH was too low 7.8. Raising pH as I type but I want to know how long before I see improvement or is it doomed. It was very healthy when I got it and its been in low pH for 12 hrs if that makes difference.

Xenia is a notoriously poor shipper. Add to that the low pH in the display, does not make good odds. You will probably know one way or the other in a week or so.

Went and got a CA kit and a KH test kit.
KH was none existent (1 drop turns solution light blue). Previously used dip stick that always read off the scale high.
Ca is at least 360-380 (new at test).
pH is 8.2

WHat kinda light is on it, and what kinda water flow? Weird coral. Some with great tanks can't keep it and never seem to know why. But, like said already - you'll know soon.

How many times did you do that KH test? Not that I know if it has anything to do with your xenia's currently poor health. With the dip sticks saying something so different, I'd at least check twice.

BTW, know what kinda xenia - elongata (brownish streaked leaves) or pom pom (white/silvery looking)?

Redid test Kh was good. Xenia Died. All other corals on frag are doing well. I think is was elongata. Was brownish not white.

Back
Top Bottom