How Much Have You Spent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although in Decatur IL, the mom and pop places are not doing so bad...course there is only Walmart and a small Petco to compete with them...

Your right. A mom and pop store would not do very good. You need like a small warehouse to do anything..

RocketSeason said:
I can't imagine that a little mom and pop fish store would be able to turn much of a profit. Here in Peoria they are just barely hanging on. SuperPets, PetSmart, and Petco have taken over everything.

We dont have any of those stores here. It is all about the Mom & Pop stores. All we have here is Panhandle Pets (would not shop there to save my life), Pet Super Market (they dont carry salt-water fish) and Sun Coast Aquariums (the store I shop at). Sun Coast is well known to be the only reputable salt-water store in this area.

Yeah we have about 5 stores that carry SW fish, but I only trust 2 of the 5...I am afraid of what would happen if I lost those two.

I have spent about $6000 or so on my tanks in the last couple of years. Hope my wife does not see this :lol:

I am so close to the $10,000 mark it scares me but at this point what the hell, no since stopping now. If I'm figuring correctly I'm coming in at over $1000 a month, and I'm headed to pick up my $800 Tunze pumps right now,

i've only spent $500 or so! but thats because i'm only 22 and i still live at home and my 30gal setup was a christmas present. God Bless my parents!

Thumper,

An oceanic tank will do that to you quickly! being that I am an Oceanic owner, I too am well aware of the high price that quality brings with it.

IM not really sure how much Ive spent but if I added it up I know it would be too much. Its all worth it though. Im only about 4 months into the hobby and its almost consumed my entire life. I am always thinking about new things that I could do or doing some more research for future plans. In my opinion it is all money well spent!

Im only about 4 months into the hobby and its almost consumed my entire life.
Since my tank has been running my average sleep hours per night has decreased from 8 hours to around 5 -- I've become a nocturnal pod watching addict!
In my opinion it is all money well spent!
whole-heartedly agree!

Back
Top Bottom