How to kill brooklynella in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dulcisveteranus

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had brooklynella brought in by a fire fish and my 2 clownfish started showing symptoms 2 days after. I fed them pellets soaked in garlic and gave them a 35 minute rid ich bath and put them in a 6 gallon quarantine. ( I don't have any space for my 10 gallon). My clownfish have completely recovered. The white fuzzes/patches of slime/white spots, whatever you want to call it, were completely gone. They stopped clamping their fins and are much more active in the quarantine. The thing is, how do I kill the brooklynella in the tank. The firefish has not shown any symptoms since I added him to the tank. He seems completely healthy, no white spots, eats fine, and he is active. Are some fish not affected by brooklynella? Does it affect invertebrates? I have 3 hermit crabs, margarita snails, and an emerald crab in the tank. Should I wait it out because maybe brooklynella doesn't affect some fish? The clownfish have been in the quarantine tank for 3 days now. What should I do now?

There are several arguments on what will do the trick, from copper to freshwater dips. But the 100% basics are that this is a parasite. There are high relations towards it, and other parasites and diseases, from poor water quality conditions. This is a huge stress on fish as ammonia and nitrites can burn girls. This can start from capture and work its way from transport to the LFS and then into your tank.
When dealing with parasites I say treat it all like ich. 6 weeks fallow display should do the trick. Then ensuring that the parameters are pristine and stable.
Parasites that deal with our fish do not have any interest in the inverts that we keep.

Back
Top Bottom