How you feel about freshwater dips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowZz

Aquarium Advice Freak
ive been reading for 2 hours on some GOOD fish doctor stuff, and how do you feel about a fresh water dip. RO/DI with Methanal Blue (im sure i spelled it wrong).

I don't like to stress fish that are otherwise health. IMO

I personally have never done it before, but after reading some of the stories about it, I'd only use it as a last resort treatment for a sickly fish. I'd never do it to an otherwise healthy one.

I have no problem with it nor have I ever lost a fish because of it. Some fish, such as Anthias, usually react much sooner than other fish due to their sensativity. It is beneficial, no doubt.

James (Innovator) is an expert and knows what he's talking about. Personnally I prefer just a 30 day QT period without doing FW dips.

James (Innovator), you like the dips with or without the Methanal Blue?

I personally dont like them. Never seen any good come out of them. That`s just me though.

Sorry, forgot about this thread lol. I don't use Meth Blue, it is just a very weak antibacterial and fungal med. to calm fish and get them through the shipping process for the most part. Usually we will perform a fw dip as necessary, such as emergency situations during the QT period, but always perform a 2-15min dip before releasing an animal into a display.

Back
Top Bottom