Hows my Toadstool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evansimp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up a toadstool about 4 days ago. For a while I was nervous because it wasnt looking to hot in my tank. But after 24 hours it was all opened and seemed okay except for the fact that its not standing up straight. Its like its stalk cant hold it up. It looks like the base of the coral isnt doing well. Its pretty much the same from when I bought it, but I thought it was normal and just stress. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

img_2430488_0_a755ed64b259113b02a372a06336912a.jpg

img_2430488_1_8ac5b8e7b0f464526248248b2aa3b200.jpg

img_2430488_2_a787642ea405e0213d4c3055fe0d3606.jpg

Did it come on the rock? Did u super glue it cause as far as i know u can't super glue toadstools. And what's the flow it gets and tank params?

Did it come on the rock? Did u super glue it cause as far as i know u can't super glue toadstools. And what's the flow it gets and tank params?

It didn't form on a rock, and I did use super glue haha! Now I know why it wasn't working well. I'd say medium to low flow, and don't know tank params just yet! Will post later

It didn't form on a rock, and I did use super glue haha! Now I know why it wasn't working well. I'd say medium to low flow, and don't know tank params just yet! Will post later

Use a rubber band to attach him where u want him to be and after about a week he should be attached and you can remove the rubber band

A rubber band? Can you explain how to do that?

Get a rubber band and a hunk of rock, hold the rock and toadstool I'm one hand and wrap the rubber band around the rock and go over the toadstool preferably thru the middle now if you leave the rubber band on for longer than two weeks the toadstool will grow around it and you will end up with 2. Then you can super glue the smaller rock to a larger rock where ever u want him but he would need a high flow area to help him shed

That is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you!

Just to make sure I do this right... A rubber band through the face of the toadstool right?

or you can put it between 2 rocks it will attach over time
also keep mine in moderate flow med light

The tissue looks like it's dissolving a bit on the stalk. If so you may have to cut some of it off. When I propagate these guys I usually use the rubberband method for pieces of the cap but if it has a long stalk I prefer the method seaweed mentioned (natural attachment).

Back
Top Bottom