Huge accident please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emonger88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so today me and my girlfriend were at the other end of our house and when i came back to the living room i noticed water in the floor at my aquarium. I have a 75g reef with about 70lbs of lr,blue hippo tang,percula clown, teardrop butterfly,yellow tang,spotted mandarin, cleaner wrasse, pacific cleaner shrip, and about 10 hermit crabs and 5 turbo snail. Also i have a duncan coral and a condylactis anemone. When i looked in aquarium i was in shock!! Our 3 year old daughter put a clorox wipe in there!!!! Im gonna do atleast a 20% wc because thats all the ro/di water i have. Also im running 2 rena xp2 canister filters and a penguin 350 biowheel. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

I really think that PWCs would be the best. As many and as large as you can do over the next couple of days. I dont know if adding carbon would help, maybe be someone else will way in on that. And then get a padlock for the top of the tank, hope everyone makes it through ok.

Test the water for everything and make sure to mix up enough NEW SW to do PWCs on a regular basis. Keep a very close eye on the fish and inverts they will give you a heads up if things are going bad in the tank.

Lol yea shes a handful, she loves the fish so much but just doesnt understand. I partially blame us as the parents but ive told our daughter atleast 100 times to never put anything in the aquarium. This is the first time she has. So ill go to lfs tomm and get about 30-40 more gallons of water and hope for the best. As of now all the livestock seems to be ok, maybe alil stressed. I dosed with some dechlorinator.

I just did 15g. Looking at the clorox wipes it does say "bleach-free" so if there is any good news that would be about it. Lol

Awh she was prob trying to help y'all clean! I'm sorry for your frustration. Try the kid proof cabinet clips. They are in the baby proofing isle at lowes.

All still seems well in tank again today, i check all water parameters and did a 15g pwc yest and all livestock seems happy so"HOPEFULLY" everything works out. I plan to do a 20-30g pwc tomm when i get some more ro/di water.

Good news! Hmm padlocking. How about good ole fashion duct tape until she loses interest....;) don't want to drill your pretty lid.

Back
Top Bottom