Hypo not workin what do I do now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It almost looks like Oodinium to me. If so, you can try raising the heat (my book says 91.4-93.2F for 24-36 hours) wow, that seems pretty warm and you will need to aerate the water quite a bit. The only other treatments I can find are for FW fish.
Before attempting this, I would consider the other options and other suggestions are welcom, since I have never dealt with Oodinium....

Amlyoodinium should have wiped them out a long time ago, though. Either way, Chloroquine will wipe out Cryptocaryon, Amloodinium, and Turbellarians.

Innovator from what iv read about chloroquine it's hard to find and some say that if copper is used the right way it's more efective because it attacks two stages ware as chloroquine attacks only one. If I do decide to use copper I was thinkin I could add the treat ment to new saltwater with the higher salinity and kill to birds with one stone does that sound like a good idea or should I just use the copper wait for the parasite to die then start to increase the salinity

Chloroquine wins hands down because it is safe for elasmobranches and teleosts including sensitive fish such as butterflies, seahorses, etc. The same cannot be said about copper, but if you go the copper route then use Cupramine. Use copper at their natural salinity (bring the sg up slowly).

Last edited:
Ok well ware can I get some of this chloroquine cuzi can't find it anyware and do I need to bring the sg up for it or does itnot matter

WOW when u said it was expensize I was thinkin like 60 bucks not 160 bucks I can't afford that. Shoot that's more then the fish are worth. Sry innovator I guess I'm doin copper. Do u have any sugestions on treating with copper. O and I found a bottle of coppersafe lyin around at home is that stuff good to use

Back
Top Bottom