Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
It almost looks like Oodinium to me. If so, you can try raising the heat (my book says 91.4-93.2F for 24-36 hours) wow, that seems pretty warm and you will need to aerate the water quite a bit. The only other treatments I can find are for FW fish.
Before attempting this, I would consider the other options and other suggestions are welcom, since I have never dealt with Oodinium....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Amlyoodinium should have wiped them out a long time ago, though. Either way, Chloroquine will wipe out Cryptocaryon, Amloodinium, and Turbellarians.

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Blondek727
Innovator from what iv read about chloroquine it's hard to find and some say that if copper is used the right way it's more efective because it attacks two stages ware as chloroquine attacks only one. If I do decide to use copper I was thinkin I could add the treat ment to new saltwater with the higher salinity and kill to birds with one stone does that sound like a good idea or should I just use the copper wait for the parasite to die then start to increase the salinity
Old 07-17-2009, 12:50 AM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

Chloroquine wins hands down because it is safe for elasmobranches and teleosts including sensitive fish such as butterflies, seahorses, etc. The same cannot be said about copper, but if you go the copper route then use Cupramine. Use copper at their natural salinity (bring the sg up slowly).
Old 07-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok well ware can I get some of this chloroquine cuzi can't find it anyware and do I need to bring the sg up for it or does itnot matter
Old 07-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Here are a couple places to order:

Fishman Chemical, LLC
https://webstore.spectrumchemical.co...&section=10170

I would bring up the salinity to at least 28ppt. and dose for 15ppm (actual dosage closer to 10ppm). My suggestion is to either perform a 50% daily water change and redose accordingly or redose at day 6 after a 50% water change. The treatment duration is usually only 10 days.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

WOW when u said it was expensize I was thinkin like 60 bucks not 160 bucks I can't afford that. Shoot that's more then the fish are worth. Sry innovator I guess I'm doin copper. Do u have any sugestions on treating with copper. O and I found a bottle of coppersafe lyin around at home is that stuff good to use

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com