Hyposalinity treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeyswife

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a dottyback in my 10 gal QT, I'm treating it for ich. I'musing the hyposalinity treatment. I'm using a refractometer, I've got the sg down to 1.009. I need to do a water change soon, maybe 1-2 gal. Does any one know the grams of salt to water ratio to get 1.009? I'm using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt, 33g/L=1.021. The math is getting me all confused.
Thanks,
J

Im not positive but I would figure plain water at 1.00 and ideal sw at 1.026. The 1.009 would be about a third of that so I would use 1/3 of what the directions call for. That's what I come up with anyway.

Thank you, Melosu58, your knowledge of reef-keeping helped me several years ago.
I was reluctant to post any questions lately (past 2 yrs) because other people on the forum made me feel stupid for asking. I'm very happy to see you responded!
Now, with your info, I have a place to start with the trial and error of getting the sg to where it needs to be.
Thank you,
J

Back
Top Bottom