I am so mad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mlpbarrett

Aquarium Advice Regular
The people I bought my apparently Sebae anemone will not take him back! I haven't even had him for 12 hours yet, and they will not take him back or let me chose something else. I can't believe it! I have called a couple of other stores and they will not take him either! I am so upset, I don't know how to save him or what to do. Please help me!

just keep on trying to contact the same and other stores and try the classifyeds section on here. and for now just hope for the best.

I`m sorry about you situation. The main thing is to nremember this and dont use them anymore. How is the anenome doing today?

If I read your other post correctly.....they talked you into buying that anenome.
Was that the owner of the store, or a worker?
If it wasn't the owner I would try to speak with them.
And if they won't take it back period....I wouldn't do business with them.....they do not have the species best interest there....they just want to make the money.

and post the name of the store here and in the regional section. Advertising is a core business component, on both sides of the coin. Just where you bought it and their return policy, no editorializing

It is two-fold. They are indeed a business and as all businesses, there to make money. If the profit was not foreseeable I guarantee their existence would be absent. It really is up to the consumer to be head-strong and not give into pressure purchases. They cannot force you to purchase their goods. On the other hand, it does look to be a dyed anemone ( I could be wrong, so hard to tell these days) and you could reason with that in your favor. I take it this store does not have return policies for livestock?

Yes there return policy is aweful. I got mad at them and said look, you didn't even tell me the correct name of the Anemone and all that, and they still would not take it back. I went to my regular store and asked them if it was in fact on deaths door, the woman said she thought it looked fine and plump, and she has been an aquarium hobbiest for over 18 years. She even has a sebae Anemone. It is in fact, dyed.. She told me they could not give me credit or anything, but she thinks I can pull it off with my equipment and everything, she says its risky but worth a shot since I paid for it, and if it starts looking sickly, she told me the signs, then she would put him in one of their tanks. I would just give it to them immediately but I talked to her for a while and she suggested I try. We'll see what happens..

I would reason that they sold you a compromised animal without informing you, which I believe is illegal due to selling with intent to deceive. More than likely that is why they do not want it back so perhaps a report to the BBB is in order. I think principle of the sale needs to be addressed and the store should be held accountable; I wouldn't accept their refusals.

While the store does have a duty to explain to people what they are buying, the consumer also has to be responsible enough to have restraint and do research before buying. Don't want to come across to harshly but the lfs, while it may not have the best ethics, it's out to make a dollar. It's up to us to know what we are getting and if we can take care of it or not before purchasing it (ie. research before buying anything you have questions about). I've seen worse off anemones bounce back and do fine. Don't expect it to keep it's pretty peachy color, it will or should turn a nice murky brownish green color when it's healthy. What type of lights do you have on the tank right now? If you mentioned it, I must have missed it. The problem you have right now is that the anemones health has been compromised several times over. First with collection, then with the dying and now with the purchase and move into a new tank. Depending on your tank and lighting setup, you may still be successful in keeping the anemone happy and healthy but I would stress to you to do some reading up on sebae anemones in general. They are hardy critters if given the right enviroment.

OK, its all over, I took him to my regular LFS and got some coral :)
I feel so RELIEVED!:rolleyes:

Sounds like your "regular LFS" is a good place to do business! Glad to hear it worked out. Just remember... impulse buying in this hobby is a bad thing! My coral shops watch me drool over a piece for weeks before plunking down the money. And if it disappears before I get it, well... I guess that one just wasn't meant to be!

Back
Top Bottom