Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do you have a testing kit to check?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

For future reference you need to acclimate your fish for alot longer than three dumps of your tank water. I put my fish in a small container and add cupfuls of water over a 2 hour time frame. If the container or bag fills up before that just dump some water out and keep adding your tank water by the small cupfuls. You want the fish to be in mostly your tank water when you put him in your tank.

Also, never ever put the water the fish came in into your tank. Net the fish out or cup him out of the container or bag and out him only into the tank and throw away the water that was used to acclimate them.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
For future reference you need to acclimate your fish for alot longer than three dumps of your tank water. I put my fish in a small container and add cupfuls of water over a 2 hour time frame. If the container or bag fills up before that just dump some water out and keep adding your tank water by the small cupfuls. You want the fish to be in mostly your tank water when you put him in your tank.

Also, never ever put the water the fish came in into your tank. Net the fish out or cup him out of the container or bag and out him only into the tank and throw away the water that was used to acclimate them.
+1 great tips carey well explained.. I would like to stress the don't put their water in your tank!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Now we know oops he already had done that yikes ... So we got a new lion fish mufasa is his name but when we try to feed them silverside fish they won't eat it am I doing something wrong I've seen them try and attack the damsels there just too quick for them ... Thanks for ur help guys
Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I personally dont have any experience with lion fish, my friends have one and they feed him live fish. :-(
Old 07-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #16

Awww I'ma be really sad watching them eat feeder fish
Old 07-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm personally appalled that they do that and have told them on many occasions. They feed live freshwater fish. Makes it even worse.

They just bought a carpet anenome and have a sixline, niger trigger and a sea urchin. LOL I'm just waiting for the call....
Old 07-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #18

You said your salt level is at 117 it should be at 1.21 minimum!!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #19

My fish shop said 1.17 -1.18 @least

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com