I believe i have a sick Halloween hermit crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Halloween hermit named jack that I've had for bout a month now. He was getting around my 55 gallon tank a good bit when he was first added(along with a blue tuxedo sea urchin,1 camel shrimp, 1 damsel 1 firefish goby and one saddleback clown) but he recently molted and I thought the shell floating around was his deceased body so I took out the old exoskeleton and picked up his shell and took it out the water for not even half a minute (my turbo was dead so I removed both of them) and then I dropped his shell back in thinking he was dead. To my surprise he was still in there but now he is very lethargic. He moved to one spot and has been there for two days he still moves into his shell quickly when I try to put food in front of him Idk if I disturbed him too much while molting or what but I don't belive its my water conditions as I have a scarlet hermit who I call Hercules BC he has a piece of large rock with a hole for his shell and he moves about the tank actively along with 7 others (6 blue legged 1 red legged) and my snails are active too. Please help me with some input as Jack is my favorite hermit in there. I have videos if needed thanx

Back
Top Bottom