I feel like something's off with my RBTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dgameman1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a RBTA, I'm not exactly sure what the issue is, if there even is one.

Occasionally, the roots of the tentacles turn black but then they become normal again later.
The tentacles are not bubbly like they were when I first received the RBTA off of craigslist. The tentacles are now long and stringy.
The mouth is kinda white but I don't know if it's a bad thing.

I haven't spot feeded my RBTA until a day ago and I feel like it's gotten a TINY bit better but I have no idea.

Here are some pictures!

ezh6cj5.jpg

8fYGSwz.jpg

What kind of lighting is over your tank? Also understand that just because they are called bubble tips, they don't always bubble. It can even change like you described. The only interesting bit is the 'roots', assuming you are talking about the foot. An anemone's foot shouldn't change color. Are you sure it is doing this and not like a shadow or something else?

What kind of lighting is over your tank? Also understand that just because they are called bubble tips, they don't always bubble. It can even change like you described. The only interesting bit is the 'roots', assuming you are talking about the foot. An anemone's foot shouldn't change color. Are you sure it is doing this and not like a shadow or something else?

The lighting I have is

I have 2 corallight fixtures. One is a T5 Dual and the other is a T5HO Dual
62 watts from T5HO and 36 watts from T5

And sorry for not being more clear, but I wasn't talking about the foot when I meant root. I meant the root of the tentacle. They occasionally get tiny and black around the root.

Though I don't see that as an issue, they have white and black spots here and there. The one I do see is that lighting might not be enough for an anemone. How big is the tank.

Though I don't see that as an issue, they have white and black spots here and there. The one I do see is that lighting might not be enough for an anemone. How big is the tank.

The tank is a 29 gallon tank

30x12x18

That should be ok if the anemone placed himself at the top of the tank. He isn't moving around is he? As long as he stays out and doesn't start to bleach out you're fine.

That should be ok if the anemone placed himself at the top of the tank. He isn't moving around is he? As long as he stays out and doesn't start to bleach out you're fine.

He actually placed himself at the bottom of the tank. He hasn't moved around since day 1. What does bleaching look like?

Personally I think he is fine. My roots on mine change color to mine turn a greenish. You will notice at least I do mine, is that when I spot feed him the next day he looks spread out more and not as full if you know what I mean.

Personally I think he is fine. My roots on mine change color to mine turn a greenish. You will notice at least I do mine, is that when I spot feed him the next day he looks spread out more and not as full if you know what I mean.

Yes! I did notice that! But Also, since I started spot feeding him (like 3ish days ago) I think he's releasing Zooxanthellae because it looks like this whiteish transparentish stringy liquid thing. He only does it right after I spot feed him.

Any reason? He hasn't done this before

Back
Top Bottom