I have a disease problom...PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gump3842k

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 35 gallon hexagon tank with a yellow tang,2 clownfish,3 damsels, a hermit crab and a shrimp. However both of my clownfish have small white spots all over thier bodies, and on one of them it appears to be in patches along with the spots. There not very big spots but im unsure what to do is this ICK? or what it only appears on my 2 clownfish...please give info on what i should do

PH 8.2
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 10
salinity.1.023

It could be ich...it could also be caused by having too many fish in such small tank let alone a tang. If it is ich chances are the tank too will succumb. I've never treated ich but I would plan on setting up a QT tank and getting the fish into it. I'm sure others will have some more details on what to try..medications, garlic, hyposalinity etc.

OK...first, hexagons are show tanks so they are much taller than wide. This means that they are entirely unsuitable for many fish, especially ifit is already only 35 gallons. The tang in that tank is completely unhumane. Read a little more about the fish that you have. What kind of damsels, you might be able to keep them. From what you are saying it sounds like ich (not ICK). Good luck, and give the tang to someone with a larger tank :!:

Back
Top Bottom