I have a question about Ick.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i dont have ick in my tank .(knock on wood ) but i have a question about it. i have been doing alot of reading on Ick and i see the life cycle is 7-9 weeks. now lets just say some one has ick in their tank and removes all there FISH out of the tank and leaves the Inverts in there. will the life cycle still brake even with the inverts still in the tank same goes with coral.

The lifecycle will break. Cryptocaryon needs a fish host to continue to live. Inverts won't work.

I agree 100%, ich can only host fish. They burrow into the top layers of skin and feed off the fish's fluids. Inverts don't have that specific nutriences that the ich feeds off of. Sorry for the lack of tech terms as my book is at work.

np. and thanks for the info. i like to ask questions then cut and paste in a file i have just for my aquarium. is growin to be so big lol

I also agree they must have a fish host. From what`I`ve read 8 weeks is sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom