I have yet to see Russells lionfish eat anything.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rancidpetals

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have another question......well, more like a concern. I bought a russells lionfish two weeks ago, and I have yet to see him eat anything. He runs from the shrimp on the end of the feeding stick. I feed my fish at night, and the moonglow are on, and the lionfish is usually swimming around by then, but he will not take any food. I have a mandarin dragonet, and obviously, he hasn't gotten hungry enough to try to eat him. My lionfish is small, so i don't think he could actually eat my mandarin. I am wondering how long they can last before they die from starvation. :confused:

He's not going to eat from a stick being new to the tank I'll bet. Try soaking some myisis or brine in Garlic Guard and see what happens.

well, my lionfish got sucked up against the powerhead this morning. adam unplugged the powerhead and the lionfish went to the bottom of the tank. when i woke up a little while later, my shrimp was eating the lionfish. poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom