I’m lost New to the hobby please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brooklyn718

Aquarium Advice Newbie
IMG_1520838174.517003.jpg

Orange lined trigger I only have one other fish a Niger trigger an he’s seems to be ok they both eat well swim well just the spots I’m worried about losing the whole tank please help if you know what this is an how to fix it

Looks like a very stressed out trigger. How large is the tank? How long have you had the fish? Is he eating still? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, salinity, pH? How old is the tank?

55 gallon about 2 weeks yes eating swimming normal I don’t have my test kit need to get more today but my ph was down other then that everything else is ok

Looks like a very stressed out trigger. How large is the tank? How long have you had the fish? Is he eating still? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, salinity, pH? How old is the tank?

55 gallon about 2weeks yes eating swimming ph was down other then that everything is ok I have a Niger trigger to an he seems fine

my ph was down other then that everything else is ok
Do you have a lid on your tank ?
If so open it so you can get better gas exchange. Lids hold in CO2 which does drive ph down.
If the tank is only 2 weeks running it is not cycled and you should stay on top of testing. Possibly daily with new fish in tank.
What is your source water ?

Do you have a lid on your tank ?
If so open it so you can get better gas exchange. Lids hold in CO2 which does drive ph down.
If the tank is only 2 weeks running it is not cycled and you should stay on top of testing. Possibly daily with new fish in tank.
What is your source water ?

My tank is about 3 months now tap is my water source

yes I agree looks very stressed . in a tank 2 weeks old first I have to say 2 triggers was not the choice you should have made . I can almost bet just looking at those large spots on that poor guy the tank went back to a mini cycling . or back to a full cycle.

two triggers in a 2 week old system you need to be doing daily water changes

those large spots are ammonia burns my trigger had them when I first got him took about 6 weeks to cure .

do you have any current parameter numbers yes numbers not oh it all looks fine or perfect . that don't help us help you .we ask for # thats what we want

how much rock and sand do you have

tap water will bring you nothing but issues give it time your tank will start growing a beard

this has me confused

first you say

55 gallon about 2weeks yes eating swimming ph was down other then that everything is ok I have a Niger trigger to an he seems fine
user_offline.gif
is it 2 weeks

than 2 posts down on same day

My tank is about 3 months now tap is my water source
or 3 months

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom