I made a big mistake.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK so yesterday i got a rusty angel. I did not qurantine before adding it to my maine tank. Please dont be mad at me i will always quarantine now. So fianlly after a 2 hour drip acclimation it is in my tank. Then after a few minutes i look and i think i see a some white dots. And i feel like the stupidest person alive. From what i can see this fish has ick. There are very small white dots that are on its tail, and fins mostly but there are a few on its body. So i set up a quarantine last night after i saw it and it will be ready this after noon. So now i just need some help on what to do next. I know what i did was very stupid and i believe that i have learned my lesson.

Thanks

Keep an eye on your clown for the next 4 weeks (while you have your angel in Quarantine) and see if he develops any symptoms.

Ok, so for the angel. What should i treat it with. Arent they sensitive to copper? I think i will definatly buy some garlic extreme but what else should i get?

Go ahead and qt them both leaving the main fallow for 4-6 weeks. With a fish in the main the ich will never really go away. :wink:

We have all been there regarding QT for fish. We spend so much money up front, and dread having to spend more on a tank used rarely, but in th end it is worth it. However, revhtree is correct. Put them both in the QT and get some Selcon and Garlic Extreme. Once Ick is in the tank, it is very difficult to get rid of unless you leave the main tank empty for weeks. Eventually, it will die off since there won't be any hosts to attach to.

Mike

sicklidkid, same thing happened to me! I put in my angel, and the next day I saw a few white spots on the tail. I put in some ich medication, and the next day the spots were gone! not sure if that was ich, cuz all the other fish I have had will ich have taken a long time to heal, maybe rusty's have white spots show up on the tail when they are stressed....? Probably wrong but the way you described just a couple on tyhe tail was just way too similar to mine. And yes, I know I am a fool for thinking up this hypothesis, but hey, why not? :roll:

Well guys i am really not too sure what happend. Before the qt was ready i checked on the fish and it looked horrible . There were white splotches all over it. The next morning before i had a chance to qt it was dead. I thought i t seemed a bit fast. I think something else must have been going on because the fish went very fast. Well thanks for the help. So i should qt the clown? How long? Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom