i need help please! now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrAzYeLiTe22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok, today i knocked over my light getting ready for school. little did i know, the corallife digital thermometer fell into the tank. when i got home from school, the battery was exploded inside the thermometer. nothing in my tank seems ill except my green BTA is shriveled up. how should i remove the battery waste.

p.s. i changed the water yesterday so im trying to get enough RO water to do a quick change.

Outside of more water changes, adding some carbon is all I can think to suggest.

temp

Outside of more water changes, adding some carbon is all I can think to suggest.

well, i have concluded that since the toxic dump was right next to my skimmers intake, it saved the tank. but my heater broke. FML. since i my thermometer obviously broke, i didn't know my temp was down to 73F!. coincidence or not, this is the worst day in my reefing career.

Dang! Sorry to hear it. Hang in there and chalk up the experience. We all have those days...

fdghd

Dang! Sorry to hear it. Hang in there and chalk up the experience. We all have those days...

hey jw, whats the coldest your tank has ever been? and did everything do ok after?

jw? It hasn't gotten cold, but it got up to 87 once! :eek:

You can bring up the temp slowly and should be ok...maybe 2 degrees/day.
I would suggest a titamium heater.

Back
Top Bottom