Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
I need help with my gorgonian

My gorgonian has been through some trauma. I know they are not easy to keep; and I thought I had lost it. I managed to nurse it back to health....Hooray! It's polyps are coming out again. I didn't see them for almost a week; both day and night. The past 2 days it seems to be doing alot better.
There's one piece that used to be a U shape. At the middle of the U, the branch has shriveled up and is wilted over. The polyps have been extending and retracting over the past two days, so I don't think the piece is dead. I wondering if I should leave it alone or try to frag the piece off.
This is the best pic I could get.

If you look at the highest part of the gorgonian on the left side, you can see where the U has shriveled. That's where I'm thinking I should frag it. Ideas? Feedback? Suggestions?

STARFYRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It is hard for me to see exactly what your describing in the pic. I would recommend fragging it though. Generally, IME, gorgs will continue to necrose unless the dead tissue is removed. Good luck.

MT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Any area where the central rod is exposed should be cut. You can add a dab of krazy glue, zap gel, etc at the tip to prevent further decay. Make sure your water flow and feedings are up to par.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com