I need help with my gorgonian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STARFYRE

Aquarium Advice Freak
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My gorgonian has been through some trauma. I know they are not easy to keep; and I thought I had lost it. I managed to nurse it back to health....Hooray! It's polyps are coming out again. I didn't see them for almost a week; both day and night. The past 2 days it seems to be doing alot better.
There's one piece that used to be a U shape. At the middle of the U, the branch has shriveled up and is wilted over. The polyps have been extending and retracting over the past two days, so I don't think the piece is dead. I wondering if I should leave it alone or try to frag the piece off.
This is the best pic I could get.

If you look at the highest part of the gorgonian on the left side, you can see where the U has shriveled. That's where I'm thinking I should frag it. Ideas? Feedback? Suggestions?
img_799863_0_828cffceeaea5de575e454bb9028bac6.jpg

It is hard for me to see exactly what your describing in the pic. I would recommend fragging it though. Generally, IME, gorgs will continue to necrose unless the dead tissue is removed. Good luck.

Any area where the central rod is exposed should be cut. You can add a dab of krazy glue, zap gel, etc at the tip to prevent further decay. Make sure your water flow and feedings are up to par.

Back
Top Bottom