I need long nose butterfly fish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my recently bought a long nose butterfly fish the LFS told me that they had him for about 5 days and they were feeding him live brine shrimp so I said ok he looked really healthy and he is one of the fish on my list that I want to have in my main tank so I had the QT tank all set up and ready to go for him. Well he is alive and healthy and the 1st day I fed him live brine shrimp the 2nd time I fed him part frozen brine and part alive 3rd time I tried frozen mysis shrimp he kind of picked at them and ate a few so 4th time I tried frozen blood worms because my long nose in the past :( love them he just look at them so I decided to put some live brine in to see if he just wasn’t hungry or if he just didn’t like the bloodworms and he went crazy. :) This guy is going to kill me if I have to keep feeding him live brine shrimp the next time I feed him I am planning on going with all frozen brine to see if he will go crazy over that but if he doesn’t eat that does anyone have any suggestion? Because I know you are suppose to vary their diets and once he gets into my main tank he will be able to pick at the rocks but right now I don’t know what to do. I am putting garlic and zoe on all the food so I am assuming he is getting enough nutrient but I would like to be able to feed him something other then live brine. Other then he is picky he is very active and very outgoing. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Try Frozen Mysis & that Butterfly needs sponge so either go buy a sponge from your LFS for it to pick at plus try Angel Formula which has sponge in it.

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom