I need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
My blue tang has ich. I have all my fish in qt doing hypo. I'm starting my 6th week of treatment and my tang is still has white spots. He eats like a champ still. Does anyone have any advice. Thanks

I would continue the QT a couple more weeks and also verify correct salinity.

hmmm, I am stumped. Do you have another salinity measuring device? I wonder if your not actually where you think you are wrt salinity

I just went through this with a sailfin tang. Except I was using copper treatment. It took me two and half months to clear the ich from it. I started treating in november and just put him back in my display Saturday. Two weeks ago I completely changed the entire water. But I did not clean the filters so that way I would still have beneficial bacteria in the tank. I put the water back in exactly how it came out. With the same level of copper and same temp and Ph and salinity. The next day after that the tang was clear and is still clear

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also washed the pvc and fake things I had in there for them to hide in with hot water. And rinsed the tank with just hot water. Could be a coincidence but I think it helped get all the ich out then when the ones that were on my tang left him they were killed by the copper and there were none left in the tank besides those maybe

Well I completely cleaned everything in that tank. Replaced 2/3 of the water. Found out today my refractometer was off. I was getting a reading of 1.009 and it was actually 1.006.

I would think that if your salinity was even lower than it was supposed to be than it should of definitely killed the ick. I think they say just don't go below 1.009 because it might stress the fish too bad. But I'm not positive on that. I've never done hypo

I've heard to low can kill the fish. I've decided to continue hypo for another 6 weeks and e more vigilant. I now have an automatic top off on it now.

Back
Top Bottom