I recently added one anenome one smallReef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bri66799

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sea Mat and Button Polyp* I believe is the name of the piece of live reef Coral and my sea anenome hid in corner and looks like it's dead and my Tang died in the meantime cuz the water quality turned off so I did 2 water changes the Peace of reef seems to be doing well but the sea Anatomy looks like it's dead or almost dead it only has a couple of little things sticking out that are green anyone's opinion20190114_224450.jpg20190114_213922.jpg

Can you tell us more about the system? How large is it, what are the current parameters, how long as it been up and running, what lighting is over the tank?
Anemone are very sensitive creatures and require pristine water parameters and intense lighting to survive. They can be known to hide when introduced into a new system if they find things stressful and have been known to wander around until they find a spot that they find appropriate to meet their needs.

Tank is been running 7-8 months the parameters are pH 8.2-8.3 ammonia 0 nitrate almost zero 45 gallon jbj all in one tank protein skimmer jbj SL 120 light LED salinity 1.024 live rock coralline algae Rock pink Fuji live sand two clownfish 1 Picasso Trigger one Blue Devil damsel 1 yellow tang until today died did 25% water change today and two days ago and that one little Reef I mentioned in the picture which is doing okay opened up and are accepting light when I first put it in the closed anything else I missed just ask

Oh yeah I only use RO water for right now I use seachem replenish which has calcium magnesium potassium the guy at the store said to use this until I get something better

Currently you have two issues. The first is that the tank size being too small for fish like a tang. That trigger won’t be well suited long term in there either. I’d suggest looking at liveaquaria.com for very good suggested tank sizes.
Secondly, don’t dose anything into your system that you aren’t testing for. It is very easy for these elements to build up and cause problems. Supplements for things like calcium are only used by corals and a reef system needs to be pretty heavily stocked before weekly water changes can’t keep up with their draw from the water column. It’s just an expensive way for stores and companies to make money and can very easily crash an entire system.

Currently you have two issues. The first is that the tank size being too small for fish like a tang. That trigger won’t be well suited long term in there either. I’d suggest looking at liveaquaria.com for very good suggested tank sizes.
Secondly, don’t dose anything into your system that you aren’t testing for. It is very easy for these elements to build up and cause problems. Supplements for things like calcium are only used by corals and a reef system needs to be pretty heavily stocked before weekly water changes can’t keep up with their draw from the water column. It’s just an expensive way for stores and companies to make money and can very easily crash an entire system.
Okay thank you I wasn't planning on keeping the trigger unless he stays docile and I am planning on upgrading size of my tank in the summer

Had a hundred 50 gallon tank but I couldn't fit it here so I started off of this

One more question the sea anemone The Rock behind the tank and it's not dead but it has shrunk in size significantly since I put it in there should I remove it I don't want it to contaminate my tank or should I give time to Blossom

Back
Top Bottom