i think i have ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a oc clownfish and he's got about 15 little white dots on him. just noticed them tonight. i don't have mt qt set up i'm in the middle of as we speak . what is the best way to get rid of it :(

Move him into the QT for treatment. You can lower salinity to 1.009 or use copper treatment. Either way you would want to do this in a QT and leave the main tank empty for 6-8 weeks to allow the ick to die off.

Do you have a UV light on your tank. It will only kill the parasite that is free swimming and goes through the light but it is a help

UV light will definitely slow the life cycle of a parasite, thus reduces the chance of an outbreak in the main tank. Plus, it gives your fish time to fight the disease.

IfoundNemo said:
Plus, it gives your fish time to fight the disease.
Or it kills the fish, it's a parasite after all. Not a prefered choice. UV's are not a means to an end.

Cheers
Steve

ashobson said:
flush the fish down the tolet. trow the tank out no more ich.
Don't know how you feel this post is in any way helpful or amusing but I strongly suggest it's the last time it happens.

Regards
Steve

My apologies for the above comment. My puffer had just kicked the bucket and I was down in the dumps sorry for taking it on here that was how I was feeling about my tank at that moment. Quess he wont be puffin up for no reason any longer. That is my first fish loss in 3 years.

Sorry for you loss & thank you for your understanding... :|

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom