Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I think I have whitespot

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392307465.835146.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	222389

My new 10g tank set up. I have 3 blue damsel, 3 clownfish, 2 small yellow fish and hiding 1 grouper. Originally that's the set up but updated right now I only have 1 blue damsel, 2 of that died and they have white spot.

How will I treat the white spot?

Thanks

Old 02-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

I think your talking about ick it's a parasite that eventually will! Kill your fish u need to set up a quarantine tank and put the medicine in the water u can't do the medicine I. Your original tank cuase it will kill your coral

Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I asked a few questions in your other thread too but I will again here. How long has the tank been set up? How did you cycle it? So you know what your water parameters are? It's pretty fair to say you have ich because there is way too many fish in the tank - you will need to re home (or return to LFS) everything except perhaps one damsel and one other fish other wise they will all die. FYI groupers usually require 300g tanks...
Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeah wayyy to many fish each fish should needs about 4-5 gallons a of water for themselves if not there will be problems with the fish and damels are very aggressive fish ,groupers eat fish the size of there bodies so watch out for him as we'll good luck

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com