I think I know what happened to my firefish and Cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well after figuring out what happend I think I have come to the conclusion. I think the tank overheated and they couldnt take it. The lights seem to be warming the tank up quite a bit.

On a better note I just found out my girlfriend got me a 75gallon tank for a our 2 year. To bad I wont be able to set it up till I finish school and get my own house. But its gunne be nice when I get it ready. :D

Do you know what the temp flucuation is? Most tank's vary a couple of degrees though out the day.

tank usually stays pretty constant. For some reason that day the temp was up to 90*!

I have been keeping an eye on it lately

have a heater? if so check it out... sometimes heaters can be way off from what their settings reflect.

you can put it in a seperate container of water, and let it warm it up, and check its temp with what its thermostat is on.

Yeah i turned it down some and the tank seems to be stable now. The thing is I have a ceiling fan in my room that keeps the temps of that tank cool. Well my dad will come in sometimes and turn the fan off and in return it heats the tank up while gone at school.

Back
Top Bottom