I think my coral is dead...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InxayonFinland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my coral for a little over two weeks. When i purchased it, it closed up and hasn't opened up since. I've been feeding it phytoplankton and giving it iodine and it still isn't open.

Is my coral dead?

Thanks

Have you tested water parameters? STOP dosing iodine immediatly. This is a very dangerous practice if you are not testing for it.

I would stop using the Iodine aswell. Is anything bothering it? And check water parameteres a.s.a.p and let us know the results

InxayonFinland said:
i just checked everything and its great...

As I’m sure you are well aware that doesn’t tell us anything ie what you tested or what the results are.

If you post the tests/results ie:

nh3=0
no2=0
no3=5
po4=0
ph=8.2
sg=1.025
temp=76
kh=8
ca=400

It would be much more helpful to tell if your water is “great” or if something might be off that you might not be aware of.

Also do you test for Iodine or know what level it is currently?

Don't jump the gun just yet on the star polyps. They are very hardy and can and will somrtimes close up for weeks at a time. I think though by them being closed that you have some water parimeter issues. As all have asked, please post your test readings.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom