I think my lighting was inadequate for this coral and they all closed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No its not the same. You want a media reactor. And a nitrate shock like that would not be good, it is much safer to take it a little slower with 25%-50% water changes.

But like you said revamping your sump might be a good idea as they can harbor nitrates and so can your substrate I literally just did this same procedure about a month ago cleaned my sump modified it to add a refugium and replaced my substrate...a month later now and I'm already starting to put in sps my tank is doing great everything is flourishing

Ok I'm gonna revamp mine as well should I leave out the filtration and bio balls I am building a refugium as well. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394040787.403051.jpg or add then in the spot shown

Bio balls, to me, don't have a place in a saltwater tank, our LR harbors all of our biological filtration making the bio balls redundant.. They just house another chance that detritus will get trapped and create nitrates. I would definitely keep the mechanical filtration though, just gotta keep it washed out:)

I just took the bio balls out holy cloudy I'm sure they were hindering my progress with the water changes

I'm gonna get a filter sock no more water changes after tomorrow till Sunday when I redo my sump

What's the safest thing to use to clean an aquarium so I can silicone in my bubble trap

Back
Top Bottom