I think my seahorse is sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colt.smith714

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I am new to the app/site and I have a couple of questions. I have a 20 gallon long tank currently stocked with 1 mandarin goby 1 clown fish 2 seahorses and a cleaning shrimp. Now my question is I did my usual water change and this morning my seahorse has not moved from his/her spot chases food but stopped eating is this normal or should I be worried? Should I quarantine? I have had both seahorses for 4 months. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392248533.599019.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392248577.660541.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392248262.988868.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392248262.988868.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 143
Yes everything is fine. 1.025 ph fine 8 and zeros for ammonia nitrate and nitrite. Now i don't know how to sex seahorses but they where changing colors and dancing and floating with each other. I do have coepods in there as we'll. he has moved to a darker spot in the back of the tank seems like he is trying to hide. I just do not want to lose my little guy and I have some yellow seahorses coming next Wednesday and I don't want to put them in if one seahorse is all ready sick. Any suggestions? Seems really out of the blue that he is just acting like this.

if they're dancing together, they're probably getting ready to breed. Have you tried offering live foods? they need to eat constantly.

Yes there is a trigger coepod colony as well as I do live mycis once a week some times twice a week there steady diet is frozen mycis but I am concerned more about the seahorse not being active like how it used to be

That doesn't sound like enough food IMO. Seahorses that large need more then pods. I would be feeding them twice a day with enriched mysis. Unfortunately once a seahorse starts to starve, it gets sick and withers away pretty quickly. If they don't eat, there's a slim to none chance they'll get better.

We'll he/she died didn't floAt but actually fell to the bottom. The other seahorse is fine and we'll and still eating and is continuing to be vary active. Any suggestions on what went wrong?

Back
Top Bottom