Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

I`ve got ich and need hospital tank info

Ich guhhhhhhhhah... Son of a bean dip mother frito! Guhhhhhh I don't have space or a hospital tank!! Guessing I need to get one but how big?

Kole tang
2 clowns
Sixline
Fairy wrasse
Antheis
Royal gamma
Psudochromis
Blue chromis
Hawk fish

Flame suit on

Old 02-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Day two of ginger and garlic + uv sterilizer

I did a 20g water change last night and this morning the fishes are looking good.

Attempted to catch my fish to put them in a treatment tank and was not successful. Seems like an all or nothing deal. More to come...

Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do all your fish have ich or is it just the tang and one or two of the others? I am thinking it might be stress related. Most tanks once they have ich there will always be some present and it will attack the fish that is most stressed. Another thing I read is water flow if there isn't enough water flow the ich seems to be worse, when I was researching tangs I found that most tanks don't have enough water flow and that can contribute to ich.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13
Do all your fish have ich or is it just the tang and one or two of the others? I am thinking it might be stress related. Most tanks once they have ich there will always be some present and it will attack the fish that is most stressed. Another thing I read is water flow if there isn't enough water flow the ich seems to be worse, when I was researching tangs I found that most tanks don't have enough water flow and that can contribute to ich.
Its the two wrasses and the royal gamma. The others are fine. Flow is good 3 fans and a large sump return.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Good reading on the parasite and treatment.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Day 3: the ick has fallen off the fish except for the pseudo chromis that fish is looking horrid! We will see how many reattach.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well if anyone cares day 5: All fish still alive. Fish still swimming and eating. LFS said to give HERBTANA a go. So I did. It made the fish calmer (mostly the TANG he was darting back and forth now he is swimming normal and muching on some algae) The corals are open and waving around.

Anyhow. We will see if the ick re-attaches.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well all my fish are alive. No signs of ick and everything is normal ^_^ no hospital tank.

Tags
hospital tank, ich, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com