1.White spots on fish (including fins)
2.Ich is caused by a ciliated protozoan of the genus Ichthyophthirius. What actually causes I don't know. Over-crowding, bad water, a combination, etc... this is something I don't know.
3. Many aquarium owners have their individual regime for fighting off Ich and this can include:
A. Temp increase to 86 degrees
B. Aquarium Salt
C. Large water changes more frequently than before.
D. Medicine at LFS
(ie: QuICK Cure)
I recently had my tank infected with Ich and the following is what I did. Keep in mind that this may not be best for you or correct but it worked for me.
1. Isolate obviously infected fish.
2. Segregated all fish out of infected tank.
3. Got rid of ground cover.
4. Bleached, washed, washed,washed all ornaments, plants (fake), new ground cover, heater, filter, bubble wand, etc...
5. Added aquarium salt to clean fishless tank
6. Let cycle through with 25% water changes for 2 days, before adding fish.
7. Used QuICK Cure (still am)
8. Spots went away and all seems good, but I am continuing treatment for an additional 4 days, just in case.
Again, this is what I did. This does not mean this is correct or right for you or your tank/fish. Certain fish adhere better to salt treatments, some species aren't capable of 86 degree water, etc...
Are you currently infected?