Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So right now in the tank, it appears all the ich is gone. I now know that that means it is spreading.:(

I feel for you :(

I'm still doing the hyposalinity on mine - it seems like it takes forever! But Sunday starts week 3 :) You should really consider moving them to QT, especially right now before the ich parasites come back 10x what they were before. That's how I lost my two tangs :(

Please keep in mind redsea that hypo-salinity treatment will kill off your beneficial bacteria in your live rock as well:( and its been well noted that ph instability becomes an issue when one tries to drop the salinity. I too am going through this on my 125 and I've learned one rule when it comes to ich. . . There is no quick, convenient way to treat it completely:( as long as your fish are in good health and still eating, take your time and truly research each treatment option and make your own decision. Also remember that you need to stuck with whatever decision you make, or else the treatment wont work.I personally recommend hypo and/or garlic treatment. Ultimately, ich is a parasite, it needs a host in order to survive. Fresh garlic is said to actually mask a fishes chemical factors that ich picks up on, therefor taking away its host options and killing it off..

Back
Top Bottom