ICH???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qb6fire

Aquarium Advice Freak
could this be ich?
i know my banded coral shrim dust him with sand every night and yesterday the spots were there in the morning but in the afternoon they were gone!

checked last night right before lights out and the spots were back???

i have 3 corals 3 hermits 2 snails 1 firefish and 1 banded coral shrimp

here is a pic of the fish and let me know if it is and what i need to do!

and i do not have a QT tank yet no room or money for one

also the colors are bright as ever no dulling at all just as perky as normal appears to be under no stress and does not rub against rocks or the sand and is eating very well

59499-albums9095-picture36657.jpg

It really looks like it is. Good thing js with a small fish like that it's easy to get a ten gallon tank and give him a hypo treatment.

No that will kill the inverts. You need to treat the fish only with hypo in the qt. Maintain the main tank as usual.

Still crazy confused!
What appears to be ich disapears during the day and the "spots" are never in the sane spot!???

Did some reading and talked to my lfs guy and aparently firefish have slimmy bodies and have sand tend to stick to them especially a fine sand bed

It's hard to say for sure then . Just keep careful watch and hold off on any fish purchases until your absolutely sure.

Me and the lfs guy both agreed on that idea i willl most likely do a 10g wc today instead if my normal 5g

Would turning the lights down a lil help at all?

Also i feed m w f but still playing with the amount of pellets for just him any idea how many to feed?

They guy is a pig

Its not ich i sat there for 2 hours this morning and watched every grain of sand fall off his body!!!!

Yea its like a parent finding out your kid beat the odds of a disease!

Great feeling haha kinda funny how we get so caught up in our babies(fish)

Easy main tank treatment

Had an ich problem luckily before I was close to the end of stocking my new 56 gal. Qt 3 fish and used copper. Ich was gone in 48 hours. Best thing to do for the main tank is a uv sterilizer. Toss it in the sump while the fish are in the qt and raise the temp a bit

Thats good to know for the future!

I got lucky and it was only sand on the fish

Back
Top Bottom