ich :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosted_msp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wanting conformation on t
Ich.

Background, I have a very shy/ scared occelaris clown that hangs out solely at the surface hiding behind my eshopps overflow. I have never seen it lower than the top half of the tank or near any live rock. A sixline, and a blue damsel I had to put in the sump to kill the bullying. ( I think he's the reason the clown is afraid to go lower in the tank.

A couple weeks ago I added a feather duster. The next morning I woke up, everything fine. When I came back to check on the tank a few hours later the clown was covered in white spots... but within a matter of an hour or so they was all gone. ( i could watch them fall off) I figured he might have gotten into the sand and it was stuck to him. (No other fish was affected) and No more problems for a couple weeks.

After noticing my copepod population getting to a somewhat nuisance level, I added a scooter blenny. He was fine the firat 2 days, third day not very active. 4th day laid still while gilling lightly and died that afternoon.

Yesterday, I added quite a few corals I bought locally. Guess what, this morning nemo is covered in white spots, and the six line has one on his fin. Blue damsel in the sump is unaffected. I'm guessing the new additions stressed the clown and caused a flare up.

Best picture I could get when he came out from behind the overflow.

What should be my course of action? Capable of setting up a 10 gallon hospital. But not sure on the method of treatment. I don't have a refractometer to do a hyposolinity and closest store from me that might have one is roughly 100 miles.

ForumRunner_20130609_090504.jpg

I cannot say for sure it is ich. How big is the tank and how old is it? I can say that my two clowns did not swim around the tank for about a year. They kind of hosted the far back corner next to my in tank skimmer and stayed there, never venturing anymore than about 20cm from that place. I also have a scooter and if its a new tank (and a small tank) it would be fair to say he could have eaten all the food in four days, unlikely that he would starve though I suppose.

55 gallon, pretty sure the scooter didn't starve, still have pods crawling all over everything.

Back
Top Bottom