Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark the fence

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have had an out break of ich so have quarantined fish so I can treat with copper. But how long should I leave the fish out of the DT to make sure there is no parasites in the DT water some say 2weeks others up to 8 and can I test the water to make sure the ich is gone?

I'm going through ich my self and have read all sorts but I'm doing 8-9 weeks as the longer the better.

Think I will do the same unfortunately I've lost my orange spotted goby and mt dwarf angle :-( the hippo tangs not looking good either. There not eating well either do you think trying some live food might help?

Don't know as I got mine early and nothing's changed with my fish behaviour. But know if fish are covered in ich some people do fw dips

No problem as that is the best info out there imo. As far as fresh water dips I have never seen them do any good. They dont get rid of all the parasites and they will kill a fish that is not doing so good.

Back
Top Bottom