Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well this is my first time out of over 4 years of having a Saltwater tank to get ICH.
I come home for lunch today and see my Copperbanded Butterfly fish to have Ich.
But I did not have time to get him out and put into a QT tank. What are the chances that my other fish will have contacted Ich as well?

And what is the best way to cure this in a large DT when the fish are to big to be put into smaller QT tanks.

Yeah the other fish will have it too as by the time you see it, it is at its last life stage so the others will have it.

For temporally relief can I do a fresh water dip till I can get the medication for the Copper banded butterfly fish? I know they are extremely delicate fish so I did not want to stress him out anymore then he already is.

Does anyone know how to do a fresh water dip and how long are they suppose to be in there for?

My flame angel had ich and I crushed garlic and added that to the misis shrimp and that made it go away. My six line wrasse also ate the ich off of the flame

-The Reeffantic ??

I personally do not recommend fresh water dips. IMO they stress the fish out and usually death occurs. The links I provided will give good examples.

Melosu58 have you ever heard of the Tank Transfer Treatment and if so what are your thoughts on it?

Back
Top Bottom