Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nelix10

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I can see my tank now has ich. I've read a bunch about using a qt tank and going fowler for 6 weeks and putting fish in hypo salinity!
Could I set up a frag tank for my coral , shrimp and snails and do hypo salinity in my display tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Don't treat display. Hypo and copper can kill off bacteria in rock and the copper will leach out over time. That's pretty general, but a great reason not to do so.

I sorta thought that was the case for bacteria! Obviously that is why it's not done this way! Wasn't planning on using copper, but thanks for the reply!

Don't do anything in tank with corals in it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know this sounds weird but if your trying to cure your tank without pulling stuff out of your tank put ground ginger powder in our tank. I have never read a set amount I used about 5 tablespoons in my 90gal over 1 weeks and did a couple 30% water changes after that week. Ich is gone from my tank. 0 hassle just a $8 thing of ginger powder. I had soft, lps and sps in my tank as well as many inverts and my fish nothing was harmed. And don't worry if your fish eat the powder clumps. Hope this helps

90 gal reef

I am trying polyp labs medic! The reef guy at my LFS had a new bottle sitting at home and he gave it to me to try! He has used it in the past with success!

Metro + Focus in a food cocktail has worked form me. I have a 180 gal. And trying to quarantine all the fish isn't an option.

In a separate QT, I run a minimal amount of copper for new tank mates.

If you see any improvement I'd love to know. Currently having and Ich problem myself.

Please read those articles I posted earlier. They are IMO the best info out there on the parasite.

Your beat bet is to qt all fish for 8 weeks and leave all inverts and corals in the display tank

Also, while doing that you can treat for other parasites and diseases as well

Back
Top Bottom